The new camera models with their video functions give rise to the question as to whether a flash or lighting equipment should be used. The advantage of the flash is its high light intensity which allows you to freeze the action, whilst lighting systems allow faster autofocus and softer images.
Underwater flashes are divided into two categories: Amphibious flash lights, intended for use underwater only, or flashing housings for flash systems, which have the advantage of enabling you to use your existing land flash both on land and under water.
One alternative is the Metz (AF58) flash system with its various TTL controls depending on the make of camera.
The advantage of the flash system in an underwater housing is the TTL control adapted to maximum effect to the camera. Synchronisation is achieved electronically via a flash cable. Depending on the type and make of camera, dual flash systems can be connected in parallel.
Our tip : Metz 58 AF
Connection : NikonosV / S6 (Canon)
Depth rating : 80 m Standard, up to 160 m
Material : Carbon fibre, stainless steel and aluminium
Accessories : Flash cable, flash arm
Our tip : INON Z – 240 Type4
It is powered by 4 x AA batteries, 1.5 volt or over 1.2 volt, which are sufficient for as many as 250 flashes per charge. The Z240 is ideally suited to all digital cameras because of its TTL control functions. It can be connected to your camera via optical cable or via a 5-pin Sea&Sea flash cable socket.
- Brighter LED pilot/focus light (180 lumen / 20° angle of illumination)
- TTL-compatible with slave control features
- Light coverage: 100 x 100°
- Compatible with all digital cameras + UW housings
- Guide Number (GN) 24
- Battery compartment for 4 x AA batteries or rechargeable batteries
- Colour temperature: 5500K (without diffuser and full power)
- Maximum depth rating: 100m
- Flash rate: 1.8 fps with 4 x NiMH batteries
- German operations manual
- Direct connection with camera
- YS-U Adapter
- Z-Adapter for INON flashes
- Optical cable for TTL slave control
- Sea&Sea 5-Pin flash socket